Fierce And Relentless Advocacy
Representative Cases And Expert Designations
Wynn v. Oprah Winfrey, et.al. – representing writers in their action for idea theft and breach of agreement against Oprah Winfrey, Lionsgate, ABC and OWN Network regarding the television show Greenleaf, 2018
Slagle v. A&E Entertainment, Lifetime Network – defamation action against A&E and Lifetime television networks regarding the movie The Happy Face Killer
Martinez v. MGM, et.al. – defamation action against MGM regarding the movie American Pimp.
Aleo, et.al. v. Elliott, et.al. – $200,000,000 overseas real estate fraud scheme where The Lovell Firm represented 144 victims in international fraud scam, securing millions in recovery.
Scott v. 3d Realms, et.al. – copyright infringement and trademark infringement against 3D Realms (the Nuke Dukem video game publisher) regarding the Earth No More video game.
John Doe v. American Federation of Musicians – representing over 50 members of the largest musician’s union in the world, the American Federation of Musicians (AFM), who faced expulsion for alleged union violations.
Fuentes v. Yanez: representing Univision reporter Paco Fuentes in his assault/battery case against Mexican film superstar Eduardo Yanez regarding the “slap felt around the world.”
Testified As An Expert – Allen v. Viacom; MTV Networks, et.al. (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony regarding contractual interpretation of residuals and royalty rights involving Bill Cosby’s animation television series “Little Bill”, 2015
Testified as an Expert – Weston v. Barris, (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony of behalf of legendary Marilyn Monroe photographer George Barris pertaining to intellectual property/ licensing issues.
Testified As An Expert – People of the State of California v. Khoury (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony regarding talent engagement agreements in the entertainment industry, 2018
A Nationally Recognized, Premier Law Firm
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Finalist — Los Angeles Business Journal
- Top 50 Litigation Trailblazers in the Nation — National Law Journal
- Profiled in Forbes Magazine
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 – The National Trials Lawyers
- “Top 100 Attorneys in California” — The National Academy of Jurisprudence, American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Litigator Award for Extraordinary Litigation Achievement — Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, 2014-2015 (less than 1% of all attorneys nationwide awarded)
- Top 1 Percent of Attorneys in the United States – Distinguished Justice Advocates, Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, Rue’s Best Attorneys of America, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 High Stakes Litigators – leading recognition of high stakes litigation