Fierce And Relentless Advocacy
Work With One Of The Country’s Most Renowned Entertainment Lawyers
The Lovell Firm is founded by one of the most accomplished entertainment law attorneys in Los Angeles: Tre Lovell. We are available to address a broad spectrum of concerns within this niche area of law, including litigation related to:
- Literary/content acquisition and purchase agreements
- Production agreements and related disputes
- Nondisclosure and noncompete agreements
- Talent acquisition and employment contracts
- Copyright and trademark infringement
- Copyright and trademark protection
- Defamation, libel and slander
- Misappropriation of name, likeness
- Business structuring and financing
- Breach of agreement and related litigation
- Management agreements and issues
- Distribution contracts
- Internet agreements and related issues
- Social media concerns (misappropriation, defamation)
Our detailed services reach to any legal issues that may arise for a party or a project in the entertainment industry. We provide thorough transactional services for all parties and projects, as well as litigation services from one of the most reputable trial lawyers in the nation when a dispute arises.
Legal Production Counsel
The Lovell Firm offers services as production counsel for film, television, internet and other media projects. This includes representing the production in all aspects, from setting up the single-purpose production entity and drafting above-the-line, below-the-line, service and employment agreements to dealing with unions, handling distribution issues and providing all other necessary legal services. The Lovell Firm also represents those in the music business in all areas of recording, production, songwriting, publishing, merchandising and securing of various rights.
The Lovell Firm similarly represents individuals and companies in California with respect to their particular deals, contracts or projects. Whether you are a writer, director, producer, editor, actor, special-effects supervisor, investor, songwriter, broker or manager, our accomplished lawyer will vigorously protect your interests and help maximize your opportunities.
Film Finance And Investment Structures
Our attorney maintains a keen understanding of how to integrate domestic and foreign tax credits, distribution guarantees/pre-sales, deferments, in-kind services, equity, gap financing and other components that make up the infinite ways entertainment projects can be financed and ultimately green-lit.
Support For Every Medium
Entertainment stretches across a variety of platforms, and we can provide extensive representation for all of your needs. Television, film, radio, social media, internet, books, video games — no matter the project, we ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible.
A Nationally Recognized, Premier Law Firm
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Finalist — Los Angeles Business Journal
- Top 50 Litigation Trailblazers in the Nation — National Law Journal
- Profiled in Forbes Magazine
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 – The National Trials Lawyers
- “Top 100 Attorneys in California” — The National Academy of Jurisprudence, American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Litigator Award for Extraordinary Litigation Achievement — Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, 2014-2015 (less than 1% of all attorneys nationwide awarded)
- Top 1 Percent of Attorneys in the United States – Distinguished Justice Advocates, Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, Rue’s Best Attorneys of America, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 High Stakes Litigators – leading recognition of high stakes litigation